07 December 2009

007- Spoke Count

RSVP form

Chorus Gallery's first outing with my name behind it is Spoke Count. Democratic, curated by no one, and fun, it is united by only size (8x8) and theme (bikes). We will not be editing out for content or for media.

Why? Besides having a great big group show for our first show that will bring in a ton of people? This will be the only "bike-art" show I hope I ever put on. Chorus will not be a bike gallery. It will be an alternative space contemporary art gallery showing local and national talent.

My wife and I were making a comparison between Chorus and restaurants. "New American" sounds specific and identifiable, but is rather vague. If you ask a foodie what it is, they would have a hard time to identify it exactly, but would know some of the things that you should expect.

Furthering the restaurant metaphor, "fresh, local, and best" the mantra of new foodie CSA/localvore/slowfood culture is applicable to Chorus. New work, locals predominantly, and "best of" quality artists is what we plan on specializing.

I'll be updating here about each show we produce. I've got a schedule already for the first 6 months, so I'll release info when we solidify the details and content for each show.

No comments:

Post a Comment